Prerequisites for using Iceberg in CDW
You need to set up your environment and meet Data Lake prerequisites for querying Iceberg tables in Cloudera Data Warehouse. You learn which query editors are supported and which roles are required.
- You must have access to a CDP environment that was activated from your environment
UI, not from the CDW Data Warehouse UI. Your DATALAKE type must
be SDX as shown below:
If the DATALAKE type is CDW, you cannot access Iceberg tables you create in CDW from Cloudera Data Engineering.
- Data Lake version 22.214.171.124 or higher is required.
- One of the following query editors are required to query Iceberg tables from
- Hue for Virtual Warehouse users (recommended)
- A JDBC client
- The Impala shell for remote users
- You must have the required role: DWUser.
- You must obtain permission to run SQL queries from the Env Admin, who must add you to a Hadoop SQL policy.