Backing up the Cloudera Manager configuration
Steps to export the Cloudera Manager configuration.
Minimum Required Role: Cluster Administrator (also provided by Full Administrator) This feature is not available when using Cloudera Manager to manage Data Hub clusters.
- Disable redaction. The JSON file will contain all the configurations, including sensitive information and can be used to restore the Cloudera Manager configuration.
- Replace the redacted information. The JSON will contain the word "REDACTED" where sensitive information was redacted. Replace these values with the correct values before restoring the Cloudera Manager configuration.
Exporting the Cloudera Manager Configuration
- (Optional) If you want to export the
configuration without redaction, you can disable redaction by setting
a JVM parameter:
- Log in the Cloudera Manager server host using ssh.
- Edit the
/etc/default/cloudera-scm-serverfile by adding the following property (separate each property with a space) to the line that begins with export CMF_JAVA_OPTS.
export CMF_JAVA_OPTS="-Xmx2G -Dcom.cloudera.api.redaction=false"
- Restart the Cloudera Manager server:
sudo service cloudera-scm-server restart
- Export the Cloudera Manager configuration:
- Log in to a host that has network access to the Cloudera Manager server host using ssh.
- Run the following command:
# curl -u admin_uname:admin_pass "http://cm_server_host:7180/api/v42/cm/deployment" > path_to_file/cm-deployment.jsonWhere:
admin_unameis a username with either the Full Administrator or Cluster Administrator role.
admin_passis the password for the admin_uname username.
cm_server_hostis the hostname of the Cloudera Manager server.
path_to_fileis the path to the file where you want to save the configuration.