What's New in Cloudera Manager 7.1.4
New features and changed behavior for Cloudera Manager.
- SLES 12 SP5 Support
- SLES 12 SP5 is now supported for use with CDP Private Cloud Base 7.1.4 and higher.
- New Supported Databases
- The following databases are now supported for use with CDP Private
Cloud Base 7.1.4 and higher:
- PostgreSQL 11.x
- Oracle 22.214.171.124 is now supported for upgrades from HDP 2.6 to CDP Private Cloud Base
- Oracle 126.96.36.199 (Not supported for upgrades from HDP 2.6 to CDP Private Cloud Base.)
- Support for IBM PowerPC
- IBM PowerPC is now supported for CDP Private Cloud Base with RHEL versions 7.6 and 7.7.
- The following components are not supported:
- Navigator Encrypt
- The supported JDK for IBM PowerPC deployments is OpenJDK 8u161 or higher.
- Ranger Resource Mapping Server (RMS)
- (Technical Preview – not for production use)
- Ranger RMS enables automatic translation of access policies from Hive to HDFS.
- Legacy CDH users used Hive policies in Apache Sentry that automatically linked Hive permissions with HDFS ACLs. This was especially convenient for external table data used by Spark or Hive. Previously, Ranger only supported managing Hive and HDFS policies separately. Ranger RMS allows Hive permissions to be considered during HDFS access evaluation. See Installing Ranger RMS (Technical Preview).