Selecting a Point In Time or a Time Range
Depending on what page the Time Line appears, you can select a point in time or a time range.
There are two ways to look at information about your cluster—its current status and health, or its status and health at some point (or during some interval) in the past. When you are looking at a point in the past, some functions may not be available. For example, on a Service Status page, the Actions menu (where you can take actions like stopping, starting, or restarting services or roles) is accessible only when you are looking at Current status.
Selecting a Point in Time
Status information on pages such as the service Status pages, reflects the state at a single point in time (a snapshot of the health and status). When displayed data is from a single point in time (a snapshot), the panel or column displays a small version of the Time Marker icon () in the panel. This indicates that the data corresponds to the time at the location of the Time Marker on the Time Line.
- When the Time Marker is set to the current time, it is blue ().
- When the Time Marker is set to a time in the past, it is orange ().
- By moving the Time Marker ()
- When the Time Marker is set to a past time, you can quickly switch back to view the current time using the Now button ().
- By clicking the date, choosing the date and time, and clicking Apply.
Selecting a Time Range
- Drag one (or both) edges of the time range handles to expand or contract the range.
- Choose a duration by clicking a duration link and then do one of the following:
- Click the next or previous buttons to select the next or previous duration.
- Click somewhere in the dark portion of the time range to choose the selected duration.
- Click the date range
to open the time selection widget. Enter a start and end time and click Apply to put your choice into effect.
- When you are under the Clusters tab with an individual activity selected, a Zoom to Duration button is available. This lets you zoom the time selection to include just the time range that corresponds to the duration of your selected activity.