Fixed Issues in Apache Ranger
Review the list of Ranger issues that are resolved in Cloudera Runtime 7.1.4.
- CDPD-17756: Normalize naming and processing of configuration parameters for chained plugin.
- Chained plugin configuration must copy selected configuration parameters from root plugin's configuration and rename them to set up for creation and operation of chained plugin. This issue is now resolved.
- CDPD-15715: The Zone Name field is not populated in ranger audits when there is a deny policy in the security zone or if there is no policy granting access to the matching resource path in the security zone.
- This issue is now resolved.
- CDPD-15401: When you enable Hive Metastore lookup in Ranger admin, resource lookup returns nothing and displays an error.
- This issue is now resolved. You must use this step as a solution:
sudo ln -s /opt/cloudera/parcels/*<CDH-version>*/jars/libfb303-0.9.3.jar /opt/cloudera/parcels/*<CDH-version>*/lib/ranger-admin/ews/webapp/WEB-INF/lib/libfb303-0.9.3.jar
- CDPD-14269 and CDPD-14289: Failed resource filtering in Ranger Policy Export.
- Exporting tag policies result in a 204 error when the polResource query parameter is used.
- CDPD-12848: When you try to create multiple policies using the API having same non-existing group, the group creation fails due to multiple threads trying to create the same group at once.
- Separate threads are now created for retry group creation and checks if the group is previously created and associate it with policy.
- CDPD-10072: Ranger Ozone plugin unable to write to solr audits in SSL enabled cluster
- This issue is now resolved. A separate folder libext is added under the Ozone library path and all the ranger plugin jars are added under this new folder.