Step 2: Install Java Development Kit
CDP Private Cloud Base requires a JDK installed on all hosts., you can either install OpenJDK or a Oracle JDK directly from Oracle.
There are several options for installing a JDK on your CDP Private Cloud Base hosts:
- Install OpenJDK 8 on the Cloudera Manager server host and then allow Cloudera Manager to install OpenJDK 8 on its managed hosts. This is the automatic option.
- Manually install a supported JDK on all cluster hosts before installing Cloudera software.
- The JDK must be 64-bit. Do not use a 32-bit JDK.
- The installed JDK must be a supported version as documented in .
- The same version of the JDK must be installed on each cluster host.
- The JDK must be installed at