Known Issues in Apache Hive
Learn about the known issues in Hive, the impact or changes to the functionality, and the workaround.
- CDPD-40730: Parquet change can cause incompatibility
- Parquet files written by the parquet-mr library in CDP 7.2.16, where the schema contains
a timestamp with no UTC conversion will not be compatible with older versions of Parquet
readers. The effect is that the older versions will still consider these timestamps as
they would require UTC conversions and will thus end up with a wrong result. You can
encounter this problem only when you write Parquet-based tables using Hive, and tables
have the non-default configuration
- CDPD-15518: ACID tables you write using the Hive Warehouse Connector cannot be read from an Impala virtual warehouse.
- Read the tables from a Hive virtual warehouse or using Impala queries in Data Hub.
- CDPD-10848: HiveServer Web UI displays incorrect data
- If you enabled auto-TLS for TLS encryption, the HiveServer2 Web UI does not display the correct data in the following tables: Active Sessions, Open Queries, Last Max n Closed Queries