Configuring properties not exposed in Cloudera Manager
There are number of configuration properties that Streams Replication Manager accepts, but are not exposed directly in Cloudera Manager. You can configure these properties with the Streams Replication Manager's Replication Configs property. Additionally these properties can be configured on a top, cluster, or replication level.
In addition to the configuration properties exposed directly for configuration through Cloudera Manager, Streams Replications Manager accepts a number of additional Streams Replication Manager specific properties as well as Kafka properties available in the version of Kafka that you are using. Properties not exposed directly in Cloudera Manager can be set through the Streams Replication Manager's Replication Configs property. For a comprehensive list of SRM properties not available in Cloudera Manager, see Configuration Properties Reference for Properties not Available in Cloudera Manager. For a comprehensive list of Kafka client properties, see the upstream Apache Kafka documentation.
- Top level (no prefix): Top level or global configuration is achieved by adding
the property on its own, without a prefix. A configuration like this will be used For
- Cluster level (prefix with cluster alias): Cluster level configuration can be
achieved by prefixing the configuration property with a cluster alias specified in
Streams Replication Manager Cluster alias. For
- Replication level (prefix with replication):Replication level configuration can
be achieved by prefixing the configuration property with the name of the replication.
In addition to these prefixes, there also exist two other prefixes that can be used to set
configuration properties for the dedicated Kafka Connect REST servers set up by the SRM
driver for each replication. These are
listeners.https.. For more information on the usage of these prefixes and
the configuration of the dedicated REST servers, see Configuring replication specific
Kafka Connect REST servers.
Make sure that cluster aliases and replications are configured. Otherwise cluster or replication level configuration is not possible.
- In Cloudera Manager, select Streams Replication Manager.
- Go to Configuration.
Configure properties not
exposed in Cloudera Manager:
- Find the Streams Replication Manager's Replication Configs property.
- Click the add button and add new lines for each additional property you want to configure.
- Add configuration
properties. For example:
- Enter a Reason for change, and then click Save Changes to commit the changes.
- Restart Streams Replication Manager.