Resize a cluster
The resize option allows you to add or remove cluster nodes.
Ensure that you are using a cluster that can be resized.
- Log in to the CDP web interface.
- Navigate to the Management Console > Data Hub Clusters
- Browse to cluster details.
- Click Actions and select Resize. The cluster resize dialog is displayed.
- Using the +/- controls, adjust the number of nodes for a chosen host group.
- Click Yes to confirm the scale-up/scale-down.While nodes are being added or removed, cluster status changes to “Update In Progress”. Once the operation has completed, cluster status changes back to “Running”. Messages similar to the following are written to even history:
Cluster scaled up 8/2/2019, 6:23:24 PM Scaling up the cluster 8/2/2019, 6:14:05 PM Stack successfully upscaled 8/2/2019, 6:14:04 PM Mounting disks on new nodes 8/2/2019, 6:14:04 PM Bootstrapping new nodes 8/2/2019, 6:13:48 PM Infrastructure metadata extension finished 8/2/2019, 6:13:48 PM Billing changed due to upscaling of cluster infrastructure 8/2/2019, 6:13:47 PM Adding 1 new instances to the infrastructure 8/2/2019, 6:12:34 PM