Configure PostgreSQL as the backend database for Hue
After installing and configuring the PostgreSQL database, you can configure Hue to use it as its backend database.
- Log in to Cloudera Manager as an Administrator.
- Go to and stop the Hue service by clicking .
.All the database configurations for Hue are displayed.
- Select PostgreSQL as the Hue Database Type.
- Specify the fully qualified domain name (FQDN) of the host on which you have installed the PostgreSQL database in the Hue Database Hostname field.
- Enter 5432 in the Hue Database Port field.
- Enter user name and password in Hue Database Username and Hue Database Password fields.
- Specify the database name in the Hue Database Name field.
- Click Save Changes and restart the Hue service.