Deprecation notices in Apache Kudu
Certain features and functionality in Apache Kudu are deprecated or removed in Cloudera Runtime 7.1.7. You must review these changes along with the information about the features in Apache Kudu that will be removed or deprecated in a future release.
- Updated hash computation for empty strings in the FastHash implementation to conform with the handling in Apache Impala. For Bloom filter predicate pushdown feature that uses FastHash, this makes the Kudu client older than version 1.15.0 incompatible with Kudu server version 1.15.0 and Kudu client version at or newer than 1.15.0 incompatible with Kudu server version earlier than 1.15.0. Both client library and Kudu server need to be updated to version 1.15.0 or above if using the Bloom filter predicate feature. One manifestation of this incompatibility is the following message in the logs, "Not implemented: call requires unsupported application feature flags: 4". See KUDU-3286 for details.
kudu-mapreduceintegration has been removed in the 1.15.0 release. Similar functionality and capabilities now exist via the Apache Spark, Apache Hive, Apache Impala, and Apache NiFi integrations. See KUDU-3142 for details.
- The Flume sink has been migrated to the Apache Flume project and removed from Kudu. Users depending on the Flume integration can use the old kudu-flume jars or migrate to the Flume jars containing the Kudu sink.
- Support for Apache Sentry authorization has been deprecated and may be removed in the next release. Users depending on the Sentry integration should migrate to the Apache Ranger integration for authorization.
- Support for Python 2 has been deprecated and may be removed in the next release.
- Support for CentOS/RHEL 6, Debian 8, Ubuntu 14 has been deprecated and may be removed in the next release.