Known Issues in Ozone
Learn about the known issues in Ozone, the impact or changes to the functionality, and the workaround.
- OPSAPS-60721: Ozone SCM Primordial Node ID is a required field which needs to be specified with one of the SCM hostnames during Ozone HA installation. In Cloudera Manager this field is not mandatory during Ozone deployment, this can cause end users continue further with installation which causes startup to fail in Ozone services.
- Make sure during ozone HA installation Ozone SCM Primordial Node ID is specified with one of the SCM hostname.
- OPSAPS-61253: Host recommission without starting the roles leaves Ozone DataNode in a decommissioned state in Cloudera Manager in case the recommission is initiated without starting the roles on the host to be recommissioned.
- In this case a cluster administrator must recommission it from the Ozone > Instances page manually in order to recommission it properly.
- CDPD-15268:Uploading a key using the S3 Multi-part upload API into an Ozone encryption zone (TDE-enabled bucket) is not currently supported. The key upload will fail with an exception.
- CDPD-15602: Creating or deleting keys with a trailing forward slash (/) in the name is not supported via the Ozone shell or the S3 REST API. Such keys are internally treated as directories by the Ozone service for compatibility with the Hadoop filesystem interface. This will be supported in a later release of CDP.
- You can create or delete keys via the Hadoop Filesystem interface, either programmatically or via the filesystem Hadoop shell. For example, `ozone fs -rmdir <dir>`.
- Adding new Ozone Manager (OM) role instances to an existing cluster will cause the cluster to behave erratically. It can possibly cause split-brain between the Ozone Managers or crash them.
- Adding new OM roles to an existing cluster is currently not supported and there is no workaround.
- Ozone has an optional role where it can deploy a pre-configured Prometheus instance. This prometheus instance's default port '9090' conflicts with HBase Thrift Server's port. Hence, one of the components will fail to start if they are on the same host.
The prometheus port is a directly editable field on the CM UI, with the name 'ozone.prometheus.http-port'. This can be changed to a non conflicting port.
- On a secure cluster with Kerberos enabled, the Recon dashboard shows a value of zero for volumes, buckets, and keys.
- Enable kerberos authentication for HTTP web consoles, if not already
enabled, by configuring the
ozone.security.http.kerberos.enabledproperty on Cloudera Manager.
ozone.administratorsas an advanced configuration snippet by configuring the Ozone Service Advanced Configuration Snippet (Safety Valve) for ozone-conf/ozone-site.xml property on Cloudera Manager.
- Enable kerberos authentication for HTTP web consoles, if not already enabled, by configuring the