These topics provide instructions for installing the trial version of CDP Private Cloud Base in a non-production environment for demonstration and proof-of-concept use cases.
In these procedures, Cloudera Manager automates the installation of the JDK, Cloudera Manager Server, an embedded PostgreSQL database, Cloudera Manager Agent, Cloudera Runtime, and other managed services on cluster hosts. Cloudera Manager also configures databases for the Cloudera Manager Server and Hive Metastore, Ranger, DAS, and for Cloudera Management Service roles.
This installation method is recommended for trial deployments, but is not supported for production deployments because it is not designed to scale. To use this method, server and cluster hosts must satisfy the following requirements:
- All hosts must have a supported operating system installed.
- You must be able to log in to the Cloudera Manager Server host using the
rootuser account or an account that has passwordless
- The Cloudera Manager Server host must have uniform SSH access on the same port to all hosts. For more information, see Runtime and Cloudera Manager Networking and Security Requirements.
- All hosts must have access to standard package repositories for the operating system and
archive.cloudera.comor a local repository with the required installation files.
- SELinux must be disabled or set to permissive mode before running the installer.