Add queues using YARN Queue Manager UI
You can add queues to the predefined queue called root from the Yarn Queue Manager UI. The Capacity Scheduler has a predefined queue called root. All queues in the system are children of the root queue. Each child queue is tied to its parent queue, but children queues do not inherit properties directly from the parent queue unless otherwise specified.
- In Cloudera Manager, select Clusters > YARN Queue Manager UI service.
- Click on the three vertical dots on the root and select the Add Child Queue option.
Enter the information based on the Relative or Absolute allocation mode.
- Absolute allocation mode: Enter the name of the queue and units of memory in MiB in the Memory tab. Enter the number of cores in the vCores tab.
- Relative allocation mode: Enter the name of the queue, Configured Capacity, and Maximum Capacity values for the queue.
- Weight allocation mode: Enter the name of the queue and the fraction of the resource of the resource in the Configured Weight for the queue.
You can continue to add more parent and child queues by following the same steps.