Set up a data connection manually
Data connections are automatically discovered. You can also set up a data connection manually, which works across CDP environments.
- Log into the CDP web interface and navigate to the Data Warehouse service.
- In the Data Warehouse service, select Virtual Warehouses in the left navigation panel.
Select the options menu for the warehouse you want to access, and select
Copy JDBC URL.
- In New Connection. , select
- Enter the connection name. You cannot have duplicate names for data connections within a workspace or within a given project.
Select the connection type:
- Hive Virtual Warehouse
- Impala Virtual Warehouse
- Enter the JDBC URL for the data connection. You can obtain this from the virtual warehouse in Cloudera Data Warehouse.
- (Optional) Enter the Virtual Warehouse Name. This is the name of the warehouse in Cloudera Data Warehouse.