Modify Instance Group Type
You can easily change the instance type of CML workspaces, which is beneficial for optimizing performance and cost.
Key Benefits of Modifying Instance Groups:
- Scalability and Flexibility: Scale up or down to meet user workload needs, handle peak traffic or save costs during off-peak periods.
- Cloud Provider Compatibility: We understand that cloud providers may retire or end-of-service (EOS) certain instance types. Our Modify Instance Group feature takes this into account and allows you to seamlessly adapt to changes in the cloud provider's offerings, ensuring your CML workspace stays up-to-date.
Currently, Instance Group modification is only supported for CPU and GPU Worker instance groups.
Modify the Instance Group from the CDPCLI
The following example shows how to modify the instance group from the command line.
cdp ml modify-cluster-instance-group --workspace-crn <workspace-crn>
--instance-group-name <instance-group-name> –instance-type <instance-type>
Modify the Instance Group from the UI
- Go to the Workspace Details page.
- Navigate to the Workspace Instances section on the Workspace Details page.
- Click on the Edit button (as shown in Figure 1).
- Choose the appropriate Instance Type from the list of available instance types (as shown in Figure 2).
- Click on the Save button. A confirmation box will appear (as shown in Figure 3).
- Click on the Ok button to modify the instance group with the chosen instance type.