Configuring the advertised information of the SRM Service role
If your SRM deployment is located behind a proxy, you must configure the information advertised by a cluster of SRM Service roles (SRM Service cluster). Otherwise, the SRM Service cluster cannot be discovered by other SRM Service clusters and Remote Querying will not be possible.
Each SRM Service cluster advertises itself automatically through its target Kafka cluster. Advertised information includes properties like the protocol, host, port, and root API path of the SRM Service cluster. This information is used by SRM Service clusters that have Remote Querying enabled to connect to and communicate with remote SRM Service clusters and fetch the metrics collected by them.
However, if an SRM Service cluster is located behind a proxy, the information advertised by default cannot be used to connect to them. In such a case, the advertised protocol, host, port, and root API path must be configured to match the properties of the proxy. If this configuration is not completed, the SRM Service clusters cannot be discovered.
- In Cloudera Manager, select the Streams Replication Manager service.
- Go to Configuration.
- Find and configure the following properties:
- SRM Service Advertised Protocol For Remote Queries
- SRM Service Advertised Host For Remote Queries
- SRM Service Advertised Port For Remote Queries
- SRM Service Advertised API Root Path For Remote Queries
- Click Save Changes.
- Restart the Streams Replication Manager service.