Requirements for Oozie High Availability
You must ensure your cluster meets all the requirements for configuring Oozie High Availability (HA).
- Multiple active Oozie servers, preferably identically configured.
- JDBC JAR in the same location across all Oozie hosts (for example,
- External database that supports multiple concurrent connections, preferably with HA support.
- ZooKeeper ensemble with distributed locks to control database access, and service discovery for log aggregation.
- Load balancer (preferably with HA support, for example HAProxy), virtual IP, or round-robin DNS to provide a single entry point (of the multiple active servers), and for callbacks from the Application Master or JobTracker.