Configuring CDP client
After you generate the access key, go to the command line and run the following commands to configure the CDP client.
- On the command line, run the following command to configure the client with the access key:
- Enter the following information at the prompt:
- CDP Access key. Copy and paste the access key ID that you generated in the Management Console.
- CDP Private key. Copy and paste the private key that you generated in the Management Console.
The configuration utility creates the following file to store your user credentials:
- To verify that the credentials were created correctly, run the following command:
cdp iam get-user
The command displays your CDP client credentials.
- Optionally, configure the CDP client to use the correct Control Plane region. In
the ~/.cdp/config file, set the Control Plane region as
cdp_region = <CONTROL_PLANE_REGION>
cdp_region = eu-1
The CDP CLI chooses the endpoint URL in the following order:
- The endpoint-url from the command line or config file
- The --cdp-region argument from the command line (for example:
cdp iam get-user --cdp-region eu-1
- The cdp_region from the ~/.cdp/config file
- Default to us-west-1
For more information about Control Plane regions, see CDP Control Plane regions.
- After you configure the client, go back to the Management Console and click
OK to exit the access key window. Note that a login command is
not required if access credentials are stored in the