Add an HDP cluster
You must register clusters with CDP before you can use those clusters with CDP services and components.
- HDP clusters must have been created using Ambari. Clusters that are not managed by Ambari cannot be registered to CDP.
- HDP clusters must include Knox.
- LDAP/AD must be set up and synced in Ambari
- Kerberos must be enabled on the HDP cluster and the LDAP/AD must be set up in the Kerberos authentication so that the same set of LDAP/AD credentials can be used to access Ambari APIs as well as Beacon APIs
- All clusters must meet the requirements identified in Prerequisites for adding classic clusters.