Creating a machine user in CDP
You can create a machine user for programmatic access to CDP
Before you begin
Machine user names cannot start with a double underscore ("__").
Required role: PowerUser
- Navigate to the Management Console > User Management > Users.
- From the Actions menu, select Create Machine User.
- Provide a name and click on Create.
Use the following command:
cdp iam create-machine-user \ --machine-user-name MACHINE_USER_NAME
Next, generate an API access key for your machine user by using the following command:
cdp iam create-machine-user-access-key \ --machine-user-name MACHINE_USER_NAME
- You need to perform user sync for the change to take effect. See Performing user sync.
- To generate an API access key for your machine user, see Generating an API access key.
- You should grant the newly created machine user access to resources. To do this, follow the steps for Assigning resources to users.