Adding a user to a group
You can add a CDP user or a machine user account to a group. You cannot add a group to another group.
All members of the group inherit the roles and resources assigned to the group.
Note: To add a user or remove a user from a group, you must have the PowerUser or IamGroupAdmin role.
To add a user to a group:
- Sign in to the CDP console.
- From the CDP home page, click Management Console.
- In the User Management section of the side navigation panel, click Groups.
The Groups page displays the list of all CDP groups.
- Click the name of the group to which you want to add a user.
The group details page displays information about the group.
- Click the Members tab.
- If the group does not yet have members, click Add Member.
- If the group already has a list of members, click in the Add a member dropdown box.
- Select the name of the user that you want to add to the group.
The user name you select displays in the list of group members.
To remove a user from a group, click Remove from Group next to the user that you want to remove. Click OK to confirm that you want to remove the user from the group.