Update a recipe
You can attach or detach recipes to/from existing Data Lake clusters in an available state. Using this capability, you can update a recipe by removing it from the cluster, replacing the old recipe with a modified recipe of the same type, and attaching the new modified recipe to the cluster.
- PowerUser on CDP tenant
- Owner of the environment
- Create a new recipe (with updated/modified content) of the same type as the old recipe that you want to replace.
- Click Recipes tab and find the recipe that you want to remove in the list of recipes for the Data Lake. and scroll to the Data Lake details pane at the bottom of the page. Click the
- Click Remove Recipe next to the name of the recipe that you want to remove, then click Yes in the confirmation window.
- Once you have removed the old recipe, click on the Add
Recipe button for the Data Lake and select the same host group that you
previously used for the old recipe. Then select the name of the new recipe that contains
the modified content and click Add.
- Alternatively, you can use the CDP CLI to attach or detach recipes from a host
Note that the same command is used to both detach and attach a recipe. When you attach a recipe, use the recipeNames parameter to specify the recipe or recipes that you want to attach; when you detach a recipe, give the instanceGroupName but do not provide a recipeName. For example:
cdp datalake replace-recipes --datalake <CRN or name> --instance-group-recipes instanceGroupName=<instance group name>,recipeNames=<recipe names>To detach all recipes from an instance group:
cdp datalake replace-recipes --datalake myDL --instance-group-recipes instanceGroupName=worker,recipeNames=
To attach a new recipe:
cdp datalake replace-recipes --datalake myDL --instance-group-recipes instanceGroupName=worker,recipeNames=myrecipe
For instance groups with multiple recipes, give the recipeNames that you would like to keep. Any recipes not specified will be detached.