March 19, 2021
This release of the Management Console service introduces the following changes:
- Single existing Azure resource group: The option to use your existing Azure resource
group is now available in CDP. This allows you to have your credential's role definition
scoped to that particular resource group instead of the whole subscription. The option to
"Select Resource Group" is available on the UI on the "Region, Networking, Security and
Storage" page of the register environment wizard. The corresponding CLI JSON parameter is
cdp environments create-azure-environmentCLI option to enable is
--resource-group-name <value>. If these parameters are not present, CDP defaults to creating new resource groups. See updated Azure Permissions and Resource group in Azure Requirements documentation, and updated Register an Azure environment.
- Private endpoints for Azure database for PostgreSQL: The option to create private
endpoints instead of service endpoints for Azure Database for PostgreSQL is now available when
registering an Azure environment in CDP. The option to "Create Private Endpoints" is available
on the UI in the "Network" section of the register environment wizard. The corresponding CLI
JSON parameter is
cdp environments create-azure-environmentCLI option to enable private endpoints is
--create-private-endpoints. The option is disabled by default. It can only be used with the single resource group feature and can only be enabled on subnets that have Azure network policies turned off. See Private endpoint for PostgreSQL.
- Public Endpoint Access Gateway for AWS: During AWS environment registration, you can optionally enable Public Endpoint Access Gateway, which provides secure connectivity to UIs and APIs in Data Lake and Data Hub clusters deployed using private networking, allowing users to access these resources without complex changes to their networking or creating direct connections to cloud provider networks. See Public Endpoint Access Gateway.
- Generate CLI command from the UI : You can quickly obtain CDP CLI commands from the
CDP web interface for creating the following:
- Environment: From details of an existing environment or from the last page of the register environment wizard. See Obtain CLI commands for registering an environment.
- Data Lake: From details of an existing Data Lake. See Understanding Data Lake details: Show CLI Command.
- Credential: From details of an existing credential or from the create credential wizard. See Obtain CLI commands for creating a credential.
- Data Hub: From details of an existing Data Hub or from the create Data Hub wizard. See Create a Data Hub cluster on AWS from an existing cluster and Create a Data Hub cluster on Azure from an existing cluster.
- Disable cloud storage logging for an existing environment: By default, CDP sends collected service logs from VM nodes to the cloud storage that you provided for logs during environment registration. You can disable cloud storage logging for a specific environment, by navigating to environment details > Summary > Telemetry and turning off "Enable Cloud Storage Logging". Disabling this option will affect only newly created Data Hub clusters in that environment. See Enabling environment telemetry>Disable cloud storage logging for an existing environment.