Delete an environment
To delete an environment, terminate all resources within the environment, delete the Data Lake, and then delete the environment itself.
Before you begin
To delete an environment, you must first terminate all clusters running in that environment.
- Navigate to the environment in Management Console > Environments.
- Click and confirm the deletion.Wait until the Data Lake terminates before proceeding.
- Click and confirm the deletion.
- Terminate the Data Lake using the following command:
cdp datalake delete-datalake --datalake-name <value>
- Wait until the Data Lake terminates before proceeding. Use the following commands to
check on the status of Data Lake:
cdp datalake get-cluster-host-status --cluster-name <value>
cdp datalake list-datalakes
- Delete the environment using the following command:
cdp environments delete-environment --environment-name <value>
Only the resources that were provisioned as part of the environment are deleted. For example, if a new VPC was created by CDP for the environment, the VPC will be deleted; But if you provided your existing VPC, it will not be deleted as part of environment deletion.