Importing a flow definition to Cloudera DataFlow
If you want to use a NiFi flow in Cloudera DataFlow, you must import it as a flow
definition. When imported, the flow definition is added to the Flow Catalog.
- Create a data flow in NiFi and download it as a flow definition JSON file. For more information, see Creating a Flow Definition.
- Make sure that you have DFCatalogAdmin permission to perform this task. For information on account and resource roles, see DataFlow Authorization.
- Open Cloudera DataFlow by clicking the DataFlow tile in the CDP sidebar.
- Click Catalog from the left navigation pane.The Flow Catalog page is displayed. Previously imported flow definitions are displayed, one definition per row.
- Click Import Flow Definition.
The Import Flow Definition dialog is displayed.
- Provide a name (Flow Name) and a description (Flow Description) for the flow definition.
- In the NiFi Flow Configuration field, select the JSON file
you downloaded from NiFi.Alternatively, you can drop the JSON file into this field to select it.
- Optional: You can add comments to the flow definition version you are
importing (Version Comments).
- Click Import.