Deploy the Hello World ReadyFlow
Learn about the steps to deploy the Hello World Flow to get started with Cloudera DataFlow.
Once you have added the Hello World ReadyFlow into the Catalog, stay in the Catalog and use the Deployment wizard to deploy that flow definition.
You have an enabled and healthy CDF environment.
You have imported the Hello World Flow flow definition.
You have been assigned the DFCatalogAdmin role granting you access to the Catalog.
You have been assigned the DFFlowAdmin role for the environment to which you want to deploy the flow definition.
To launch the Deployment wizard, click the row of the
Hello World Flow to display the flow definition
details and versions.
Click Deploy to launch the Deployment
From the Deployment wizard, select the Target
Environment to which you want to deploy the ReadyFlow.
The Deployment wizard only displays environments:
For which DataFlow is enabled
That are in a healthy state
To which you have access
- Click Continue.
From the Overview, give your flow deployment a unique
- Click Next.
- From NiFi Configuration, click Next.
- From Parameters, click Next.
- From Sizing & Scaling, click Next.
From Key Performance Indicators, click Add
New KPI to add a Key Performance Indicator. It lets you monitor
the performance of your DataFlow deployment.
To learn about the use of Key Performance Indicaators (KPIs), add a KPI that
will track how much data the processor is writing to the destination files. The
KPI will raise an alert whenever this value goes below 1MB.
Set the following properties:
- KPI Scope
- select Processor.
- Processor Name
- select Write "Added Content" Events to File.
- Metric to Track
- select Bytes Sent
- select Trigger alert when metric is less than and set value to 1 MBytes.
- Alert will be triggered when metric is outside the boundary(s) for
- set to 2 Minutes.
- Click Add, to create the KPI.
- Click Next.
- Review a summary of the information provided. When you are finished, complete your flow deployment by clicking Deploy.
Once you click Deploy, you are redirected to the Alerts tab in the detail view for the deployment where you can track its progress.