Give users access
Cloudera DataFlow restricts who can import flow definitions and deploy them. To get started with CDF, you must grant users permissions to perform these tasks so that they can import and deploy flow definitions in CDF.
To get started with importing and deploying flow definitions, a user will need to have the following DataFlow roles, at minimum:
- DFCatalogAdmin – To import flow definitions to the CDF Catalog
- DFFlowAdmin – To deploy flow definitions in CDF
- You have a PowerUser role.
- You know the user or group name to which you want to grant CDF user access roles.
Give a user permission to import flow definitions.
- From Cloudera Management Console, click User Management.
- Enter the name of the user or group you wish to authorize in the Search field.
- Select the user or group from the list that displays.
- Click Roles, then Update Roles.
- From Update Roles, select DFCatalogAdmin and click Update.
Give a user or group permission to deploy flow definitions.
- From Cloudera Management Console, click Environments to display the Environment List page.
- Select the environment to which you want a user or group to deploy flow definitions.
- Click Actions > Manage Access to display the Environment Access page.
- Find the user or group and click Update Roles.
- From Update Roles, select DFFlowAdmin.
- Click Update Roles.
When you have finished giving user or groups permission to import and deploy flow definitions, proceed by importing a flow definition.