Enable DataFlow for your environment
Before you can deploy flow definitions, you must enable CDF for a CDP Public Cloud environment. Enabling CDF for an environment means that you are preparing an active and healthy CDP environment for use with CDF.
- You have a cloud provider account and meet the infrastructure and network requirements.
- You have a healthy CDP environment, with FreeIPA and the data lake running and healthy.
- You have the DFAdmin role for the CDP environment for which you want to enable DataFlow.
- Navigate to DataFlow, by selecting DataFlow from the CDP Home Page.
- In DataFlow, navigate to Environments, and click Enable to launch the Enable Environment dialog for the environment you want to enable.
From Enable Environment, provide the following
- DataFlow Capacity – Specifies Kubernetes cluster minimum and maximum size
- Specify whether a public endpoint should be deployed to access CDF components via the internet.
- A list of source IP address ranges which are allowed to connect to the Kubernetes API server.
- Click Enable. Enabling CDF can take up to one hour.
When you have finished enabling DataFlow for an environment, proceed by giving users permission to import and deploy flow definitions.