Authorize user to manage deployments and deploy flows in a DataFlow environment
To authorize a user to manage flow deployments as well as deploy flows in a DataFlow environment, you must assign the DFFlowAdmin role and either the DFCatalogAdmin or DFCatalogViewer role to the user.
- You must have PowerUser permission for the account where you want to perform this task.
- You must have IAMViewer or IAMUser permission for the account where you want to perform this task.
From the Cloudera Management Console, click
The Environment List page appears.
Search for and select the environment you want the user to have rights
The Environment page appears.
.The Environment Access page appears.
- Find the user and click Update Roles.
- From the Update Roles dialog, select the DFFlowAdmin role.
- Click Update Roles.
to propagate the user role changes you made to the
- From the Cloudera Management Console, click User Management.
- Enter the user’s name in the Search field.
Select the user from the list.
The User page appears.
- Go to the Roles tab.
- Select Update Roles.
On the Update Roles dialog, assign one of the following
DFCatalog roles to the user:
- If the user needs to deploy flow definitions in the environment, assign the DFCatalogViewer role.
- If the user needs to manage flow definitions in the DataFlow Catalog and deploy flow definitions in the environment, assign the DFCatalogAdmin role.
- Click Update.