Adding Inbound Connection support to a NiFi flow
You can enable a dataflow to listen on a public endpoint to data sources that are outside your CDP environment by adding inbound connection support to your flow definition.
To enable your dataflow to use listen processors with inbound connection endpoint support, make the following addition to your flow definition:
- In NiFi, open the flow definition where you want to enable inbound connection support.
- Add the required listen processor to your flow definintion.
CDF supports all listen processors, including Custom Processors.
Configure the processor to enable inbound connections.
- Provide a port number where the flow deployment listens for incoming data. You can either parameterize it and set the actual port number during flow deployment, or you can set an explicit port number when designing the flow.
- SSL Context Service
- Create an external StandardRestrictedSSLContextService for your processor. You must name this context service Inbound SSL Context Service. No other configuration is required. The SSL context service will be created during cluster deployment and all other properties will be populated with values generated for that NiFi cluster.
- Client Auth
- Set to “REQUIRED” to use mTLS
- Save and download the updated flow definition.