Deploying a ReadyFlow
Learn how to use the Deployment wizard to deploy a ReadyFlow using the information you collected using the prerequisites check list.
The CDF Catalog is where you manage the flow definition lifecycle, from initial import, to versioning, to deploying a flow definition.
In DataFlow, from the left navigation pane, click
Flow definitions available for you to deploy are displayed, one definition per row.
Launch the Deployment wizard.
- Click the row to display the flow definition details and versions.
- Click a row representing a flow definition version to display flow definition version details and the Deploy button.
- Click Deploy to launch the Deployment wizard.
Select the environment to which you want to deploy this version of your
flow definition, and click Continue.
In the Overview, give your flow deployment a unique
You can use this name to distinguish between different versions of a flow definition, flow definitions deployed to different environments, and similar.
In NiFi Configuration:
- Select a NiFi Runtime Version for your flow deployment. Cloudera recommends that you always use the latest available version, if possible.
- Autostart Behavior is on by default, allowing your flow to start automatically after successful deployment. You can clear selection if you do not want the automatic start.
In Parameters, specify parameter values like connection
strings, usernames and similar, and upload files like truststores, and similar.
Specify your Sizing & Scaling configurations.
- NiFi node sizing
- You can adjust the size of your cluster from Extra Small to Large
- Number of NiFi nodes
- You can set whether you want to automatically scale your cluster depending on resource demands. When you enable autoscaling, the minimum NiFi nodes are used for initial size and the workload scales up or down depending on resource demands.
- You can set the number of nodes from 1 to 32.
In Key Performance Indicators, you can set up your
metrics system with specific KPIs to track the performance of a deployed
flow. You can also define when and how to receive alerts about the KPI
See Working with KPIs for more information about the KPIs available and how you can monitor them.
- Review the summary of the information you provided in the Deployment wizard and make any necessary edits by clicking Previous. When you are finished, complete your flow deployment by clicking Deploy.
Once you click Deploy, you are being redirected to the Alerts tab in the detail view for the deployment where you can track its progress.