Project Migration FAQs
Some frequently asked questions about using the project migration tool.
- Q: I do not want to migrate all project data into new CML workspaces. How do I ignore/skip certain files and directories?
- A: The CLI tool recognises a file named .exportignore in which you can specify the files/directories either in full, or through patterns. You have to create this file at the root of the CDSW/CML project (/home/cdsw) before running the export sub-command. The .exportignore file follows the same semantics as that of .gitgnore.
- Q: How to fix the error "REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED!" or "HOST KEY VERIFICATION FAILED"?
- A: Remove the host key entry from the file .ssh/known_hosts using command ssh-keygen -R server-hostname-or-IP. For example: ssh-keygen -R '[localhost]:5104'
- Q: How to fix the error "SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED"?
- A: To resolve this error, create a bundle of all root or intermediate Certification Authorities (CAs) in .pem format. Save this bundle file and provide its path (ca_path) inside the export-config.ini and import-config.ini files. This will ensure that Python can locate the trusted certificate and prevent the error from occurring.
- Q: How to fix the error “configparser.NoSectionError: No section: ‘sample_project’” ?
- A: It means the utility cannot find a section for the "sample_project" inside the export-config.ini or import-config.ini files.