HBase Sidecar migration from CDH to CDP
You can use HBase replication and snapshots to migrate HBase tables to the destination cluster.
- Prepare for the migration. Learn about changes in HBase and what actions you need to take before migrating your data. See Preparing for data migration.
- Use Cloudera Manager on the source cluster to take a snapshot of all tables you want to migrate to the destination cluster. See Migrating HBase from CDH or HDP.
- Export the snapshots to the destination cluster. See Migrating HBase from CDH or HDP. For additional information and debugging advice, see:
- Import the snapshot on the destination cluster by running
the following command in the HBase shell:
restore_snapshot <snapshot name>
- If you are migrating from CDH 5, you may need to update your client application code. See Known Incompatibilities when Upgrading from CDH and HDP.
- Review the following topics for additional incompatibilities with CDH 5:
- Verify and validate the migrated data on the destination cluster. See Verifying and validating if your data is migrated
- Test your applications or queries.
- When you have verified and tested your application code and
are ready to move the applications to production, repeat the above steps
to synchronize the HBase data with the source cluster.
You can use the Hash Table and Sync Table tool to synchronize table data. This tool can help improve performance when synchronizing large tables. See Use HashTable and SyncTable Tool.