In-place upgrade overview
This document provides instructions on upgrading from Ambari managed HDP 2.6.5 to CDP Private Cloud Base.
- Upgrade HDP 2.6.5 to Cloudera Runtime 7.1.x using Ambari.
- Transition the management platform from Ambari to Cloudera Manager.
- HDP cluster blueprint is exported from Ambari and converted to a Cloudera Manager deployment template using the AM2CM tool.
- Deploy the template to Cloudera Manager 7.x.x and activate the Cloudera Runtime 7.1.x parcels.
- Start using the CDP Private Cloud Base cluster with Cloudera Manager 7.x.x.
- Uninstall Ambari and the HDP stack
Troubleshooting: A selection of Cloudera Knowledge Base articles are available that describe common issues encountered by Cloudera customers during upgrades and migrations. See CDP Upgrade/Migrate Troubleshooting Articles. (Cloudera login required.)