Warnings and prerequisites
Preparing Cloudera Search in your CDH cluster for an upgrade is a complex task.
- Make sure you are running Cloudera Manager 7.1 or higher.
- If you use Apache Sentry with policy files, you must transition to Sentry service before the upgrade.
- Stop making changes to your Cloudera Search environment. Make sure that no configuration changes are made to Cloudera Search for the duration of the transition and upgrade. This includes adding or removing Solr Server hosts, moving Solr Server roles between hosts, changing hostnames, and so on.
- Plan for an outage for any applications or services that use your Search deployment until you have completed re-indexing after the upgrade.
- If you use Kerberos, create a
jaas.conffile for the Search service superuser (
- If you are using the Lily HBase Indexer service, stop writing to any tables that are indexed into Solr, and stop the Lily HBase Indexer service ( ).
- Do not create, delete, or modify any collections for the duration of the transition and upgrade.
You can continue indexing to existing collections (except Lily HBase indexing) until otherwise instructed.