Configuring HSMM to prevent migration
You need to know how to configure the Hive Strict Managed Migration (HSMM) to prevent migrating your tables and databases as you run the upgrade process in Cloudera Manager. You briefly leave the upgrade process, do the configuration, and than proceed with the upgrade.
- You are in the middle of the CDH to CDP Private Cloud Base in-place upgrade and installed Hive-on-Tez.
table migration control file URLproperty to an arbitrary value, deliberately causing HSMM to fail to migrate your tables and databases. You must manually migrate these tables later.
- In Cloudera Manager, go to .
- Stop the Hive-on-Tez service.
- In table migration control file URL. , search for
- Set the value of the Table migration control file URL property to the absolute path and file name of your YAML include list.
- Save configuration changes.
- Start the Hive-on-Tez service.
- Return to the CDH to CDP Private Cloud Base in-place upgrade wizard to complete the cluster upgrade.