About migrating from Cloudera Navigator to Atlas using Cloudera Manager 6
Navigator role instances under the Cloudera Management Service are no longer available while using Cloudera Runtime 7.1.9 release. You must perform the migration process before you upgrade to Cloudera Manager 7.11.3 Latest cumulative hotfix.
Note the following regarding the Cloudera Manager 7.11.3 / Cloudera Runtime 7.1.9 release:
- CDH 5 version is NOT supported in CDP 7.1.9 release.
- CDH 6 version is supported in CDP 7.1.9 release without Cloudera Navigator.
- (Optional) If Navigator service is available on
your CDH cluster, before the CDH 6 cluster upgrade process, you must plan to export the
lineage information to a zip file using the
cnavtool and later remove Navigator. When you upgrade to Cloudera Manager 7.11.3 Latest cumulative hotfix / Cloudera Runtime 7.1.9 version, Navigator service is not available.
Supported CDH upgrade paths
Regular upgrade for CDH is supported using a couple of scenarios.
- Cloudera Manager 7 + CDH 6 -> CDP 7.1.9 / Cloudera Manager 7.11.3 Latest cumulative hotfix
- Cloudera Manager 6 + CDH 6 -> CDP 7.1.9 / Cloudera Manager 7.11.3 Latest cumulative hotfix
In the earlier upgrade processes, Cloudera Manager from version 6 was upgraded to 7
and later the Navigator metadata export was executed using the
With the release of Cloudera Manager 7.11.3 Latest cumulative
hotfix / Cloudera Runtime 7.1.9,
cnav export process takes precedence over the Cloudera Manager upgrade