Applying a Service Pack
Applying a Service Pack is completed without running the Upgrade Wizard.
To apply a service pack:
- Log in to the Cloudera Manager Admin Console.
- Ensure that you have completed the steps to add the Parcel URL for the service pack and have downloaded and distributed the parcel in Cloudera Manager. See Step 5: Access Parcels.
- Click Parcels from the left menu.
- Click Parcel Repositories & Network Settings.
- Locate the row in the table that contains the new Cloudera Runtime parcel and click the
Cloudera Manager displays the progress of the activation.
- When the parcel is activated and complete for all hosts in the cluster, click the Actions menu next to the cluster name and select Post Cloudera Runtime Upgrade .
- Restart the cluster: Click the Actions menu and select Restart.
The cluster now has the new service pack applied.