Overview of the expedited Hive upgrade
You perform tasks before and after the Hive migration to hasten the upgrade. The sequence of steps involved in expediting the Hive upgrade includes identifying problems in tables and databases before upgrading, modifying the HSMM process to prevent migration of your tables and databases, and completing the cluster upgrade. After the upgrade to CDP, you migrate the tables and databases.
- Prepare tables for migration, identifying potential migration problems using the Hive Upgrade Check tool.
- Decide to expedite the upgrade by not migrating your databases and tables during the upgrade.
- Modify the HSMM process to prevent migration of your tables and databases during the upgrade.
- Start the upgrade wizard to upgrade your cluster.
If you did not migrate all tables, do so after the upgrade to CDP as follows:
- Prepare your databases and tables for migration using the Hive Upgrade Check tool.
- Migrate tables and databases to CDP.
You cannot use unmigrated tables in CDP.