Changing the Hive warehouse location
You can change the location of the Hive warehouse by using the configuration settings in your Cloudera Manager instance.
- In Cloudera Manager, click Clusters > Hive (the Hive Metastore service) > Configuration, and change the hive.metastore.warehouse.dir property value to the path you specified for the new Hive warehouse directory.
- Change the hive.metastore.warehouse.external.dir property value to the path you specified for the Hive warehouse external directory.
Save the above configuration changes.
In Cloudera Manager, navigate to the Hive service and from the Actions drop-down, run the services:
- Create Hive Warehouse Directory
- Create Hive Warehouse External Directory
- Restart the required services for the changes to take effect.