Fair Scheduler to Capacity Scheduler migration overview
You must migrate from Fair Scheduler to Capacity Scheduler when migrating your cluster to CDP. The migration process involves automatically converting certain Fair Scheduler configuration to Capacity Scheduler configuration and manual fine tuning after the migration.
In CDP, Capacity Scheduler is the default and supported scheduler. You have to migrate from Fair Scheduler to Capacity Scheduler when migrating from CDH to CDP Private Cloud Base. It does not matter what CDH version you are migrating from, or what CDP version you are migrating to, the scheduler migration steps remain the same.
The fs2cs conversion utility is used to convert the Fair Scheduler configuration into Capacity Scheduler. From CDP Private Cloud Base 7.1.6, the fs2cs conversion utility converts from weight resource allocation mode into weight resource allocation mode by default. In lower versions the utility converts to relative resource allocation mode by default.
- Learn about why only one scheduler, the Capacity Scheduler, is supported in CDP.
- Plan your scheduler conversion: Read about the conversion limitations, and ensure you understand what properties are converted by the conversion utility and what properties require manual conversion and fine tuning once the migration is complete.
- Convert Fair Scheduler to Capacity Scheduler: Download the Fair Scheduler configuration, and use the fs2cs conversion utility to convert the Fair Scheduler configuration into Capacity Scheduler configuration. After conversion, upload the new configuration files.
- Migrate all of your data to CDP.
- Manually configure and fine-tune the Capacity Scheduler so it fits your organization’s goals.
- Start using the Capacity Scheduler.