How to Install Cumulative Hotfix (CHF)
You can upgrade CDP 7.1.7, CDP 7.1.7 SP1, CDP 7.1.7.SP2, CDP 7.1.8 and so on with the CHFs available. Cumulative Hotfix is a collection of hotfixes. You can use the same procedure to install hotfixes as well. To upgrade the CDP cluster with the CHF or a hotfix:
- Log in to the Cloudera Manager Admin Console.
- Click Parcels from the left menu.
Click Parcel Repositories & Network Settings.
- In the Remote Parcel Repository URLs section, click the "+" icon and add the CHF URL for your Parcel repository.
- Click Save & Verify Configuration. A message with the status of the verification appears above the Remote Parcel Repository URLs section. If the URL is not valid, check the URL and enter the correct URL.
- After the URL is verified, click Close.
- Locate the row in the table that contains the new Cloudera Runtime parcel and click the Download button.
After the download of the new Cloudera Runtime CHF parcel is complete, click
the Distribute button.
Wait for the parcel to be distributed and unpacked before continuing. Cloudera Manager displays the status of the Cloudera Runtime CHF parcel distribution. Click on the status display to view detailed status for each host.
- Click Activate. Cloudera Runtime CHF parcels are activated on the cluster.
When the parcel is activated, click the Cloudera Manager logo to return to the
The cluster is now updated with the CHF you applied.
- When the parcel is activated, click the Actions menu next to the cluster name and select Post Cloudera Runtime Upgrade.
- Restart the cluster: Click the Actions menu and select Restart.
- Click Actions > Finalize the upgrade.