Upgrading CDP Private Cloud Base to a higher version
An upgrade from CDP Private Cloud Base to a higher version of CDP Private Cloud Base has the following high-level workflow:
- Prepare to upgrade:
- Review the Supported Upgrade Paths for your upgrade.
- Review the Requirements and Supported Versions for your upgrade
- Review the Release Notes for the version of CDP Private Cloud Base you are upgrading to.
- Review the CDP Upgrade/Migrate Troubleshooting Articles. These Cloudera Knowledge Base articles describe common issues encountered by Cloudera customers during upgrades and migrations. (Cloudera login required.)
- Gather information on your deployment. See Step 1: Getting Started Upgrading Cloudera Manager 7 and Step 1: Getting Started Upgrading a Cluster.
- Plan how and when to begin your upgrade.
- If necessary, Upgrade the JDK.
- If necessary, Upgrade the Operating System.
- Upgrade Cloudera Manager to version 7.1.1 or higher. After upgrading to Cloudera Manager 7.1.1 or higher, Cloudera Manager can manage upgrading your cluster to a higher version. See Upgrading Cloudera Manager 7.
- Use Cloudera Manager to Upgrade CDH to Cloudera Runtime 7, or from Cloudera Runtime to a higher version of Cloudera Runtime. See Upgrading a Cloudera Runtime Cluster.
Upgrades from 7.x to 7.1.x
- You can upgrade from Cloudera Manager 7.0.3 and 7.1.1 or higher to Cloudera Manager 7.1.1 or higher.
- You can upgrade from Cloudera Runtime 7.0.3 and 7.1.1 or higher to Cloudera Runtime 7.1.1 or higher.