Setting up Hive metastore for Atlas
As Administrator, you might plan to recommend Atlas for Hive metadata management and data governance. You have to check that Hive metastore for Atlas is set up, so users can build catalogs of data assets, classify, and govern the assets. If Atlas is not set up you learn how to do so. This section is not applicable if you are upgrading to CDP Private Cloud Base 7.1.7.
- In Cloudera Manager, click .
- Search for Atlas Service.
Choose a method based on the results of your search:
- If Cloudera Manager finds the Atlas Service, check the checkbox to enable the Hive Metastore hook in your Cloudera Manager instance.
- If Cloudera Manager does not find the Atlas Service, in Hive Service
Advanced Configuration Snippet (Safety Valve) for atlas-application
properties, enter an XML snippet in the value element that provides the name
of your Atlas service,
myatlasservicein the example below.
<property> <name>atlas_service</name> <value>myatlasservice</value> </property>
- Save changes.
- Restart the Hive metastore service.