About migrating from Cloudera Navigator to Atlas using Cloudera Manager 7
Navigator role instances under the Cloudera Management Service are no longer available while using Cloudera Runtime 7.1.9 release. You must perform the migration process before you upgrade to Cloudera Manager 7.11.3 Latest cumulative hotfix version.
The result of this change is that, during the Nav2Atlas migration’s first step, the Navigator lineage export process must be carried out before upgrading Cloudera Manager 7.11.3 Latest cumulative hotfix.
Previous versions of Cloudera Manager 7 contained the
and included dependencies which are responsible to perform the Nav2Atlas export step.
Note the following regarding the Cloudera Manager 7.11.3 Latest cumulative hotfix / Cloudera Runtime 7.1.9 release:
- CDH 5 version is NOT supported in CDP 7.1.9 release.
- CDH 6 version is supported in CDP 7.1.9 release without Cloudera Navigator.
- (Optional) If Navigator service is available on your CDH
cluster, before the CDH 6 cluster upgrade process, you must plan to export the
lineage information to a zip file using the
cnavtool and later remove Navigator. When you upgrade to Cloudera Manager 7.11.3 Latest cumulative hotfix / Cloudera Runtime 7.1.9 version, Navigator service is not available.
Supported CDH upgrade paths
Regular upgrade for CDH is supported using a couple of scenarios.
- Cloudera Manager 7 + CDH 6 -> CDP 7.1.9 / Cloudera Manager 7.11.3 Latest cumulative hotfix
- Cloudera Manager 6 + CDH 6 -> CDP 7.1.9 / Cloudera Manager 7.11.3 Latest cumulative hotfix
In the earlier upgrade processes, Cloudera Manager from version 6 was upgraded to 7
and later the Navigator metadata export was executed using the
tool. With the release of Cloudera Manager 7.11.3 Latest cumulative
cnav export process takes precedence over the
Cloudera Manager upgrade operation.