Installing Postgres JDBC Driver
You must install the required Postgres JDBC driver.
Download, extract, and copy the JDBC driver, renamed, to /usr/share/java/. If the target directory does not yet exist, create it.
Installing the Postgres JDBC Driver
- Install the PostgreSQL JDBC driver by running the following
- Alternatively, if you would like to use the PostgreSQL JDBC driver version shipped with the
OS repositories, use the following with a driver version compatible with the PostgreSQL
yum install postgresql-jdbc<compatible_version>
- Rename the Postgres JDBC driver
postgresql-connector-java.jarand copy it to the
/usr/share/javadirectory. The following copy command can be used if the Postgres JDBC driver
.jarfile is installed from the OS repositories:
cp /usr/share/java/postgresql-jdbc.jar /usr/share/java/postgresql-connector-java.jar
- Confirm that the .jar file is in the Java share directory:
- Change the access mode of the .jar file to 644:
chmod 644 /usr/share/java/postgresql-connector-java.jar