Creating a CML data connection to an Impala data warehouse
Learn how to connect natively to data stored in Impala when using CDP Data Visualization in Cloudera Machine Learning (CML).
You must connect to your data prior to using the data modeling and visualization functions. The following steps show you how to create a new CML data connection to an Impala data warehouse.
When you create a connection, you automatically have privileges to create and manage datasets on this connection, and to build dashboards and visuals in these datasets.
- For more information on the Manage data connections privilege, see RBAC permissions.
- For instructions on how to define privileges for a role, see Setting role privileges.
- For instructions on how to assign the administrator role to a user, see Promoting a user to administrator.
On the main navigation bar, click DATA.
The DATA interface appears, open on the Datasets tab.
In the Data side menu bar, click NEW
The Create New Data Connection modal window appears.
Select the Impala
Connection type from the drop-down list and enter the hostname or
IP address of the running coordinator.
You can get the coordinator hostname from the JDBC URL of the Impala DW.
- Enter 443 in the Port # field.
- Enter your workload username and password as credentials.
Click the Advanced tab and make the selections below:
Locate the Impala Endpoint for the data hub.
- Copy it and paste it into the HTTP Path field.
- Click TEST to test the connection.
- Click CONNECT to create the connection.