Changing user passwords
An administrator may reset the password of any user or of another administrator in Cloudera Data Visualization (CDV).
The following steps demonstrate how to change the password for any CDV user account.
- On the main navigation bar, click the Gear icon.
In the drop-down menu, click Users & Groups.
The Manage Users & Groups interface appears, open on the Users tab.
In the list of registered users, do one of the following:
- Click the Username of the account you want to change.
- Click the Pencil/Edit icon that corresponds to the account you want to change.
The Edit User modal window appears.
In the Edit User modal window, click Change
Enter the new password.
Consider the following when choosing the password:
- Ensure that the password meets the minimum security requirements specified for the CDV instance. For more information, see Setting user password requirements.
- After five failed login attempts, CDV locks out the user. For instructions on how to change the account lockout configuration settings or to unlock the user, see Configuring account lockout.
You can check the password you have added if you check the Show Password option.
- Click SAVE.
The user's password is changed and you get back to the Manage Users & Groups interface.