What's new in Data Visualization 7.1.7
Cloudera Data Visualization (CDV) 7.1.7 was released on October 30, 2023 introducing the following changes.
New features and improvements in Cloudera Data Visualization 7.1.7
- VIZ-2029, VIZ-2071
New functionalities have been added to the redesigned Notification Center.
- Notifications are automatically marked as read.
- Notifications can be pinned to prevent being cleared.
- Duplicate notifications are stacked to reduce clutter.
- Administrators can mute notifications across the entire application using a new site setting.
For more information, see Notification center.
- VIZ-1673, VIZ-1729
Creating or editing a dataset from SQL is now easier with autocompletion and syntax highlighting available in the dataset modal.
The default file size limit for static asset upload has been increased to 100 MB. You can configure this limit using the DATA_UPLOAD_MAX_MEMORY_SIZE flag in. Updated limits are now correctly displayed in the UI.
The default row upload limit is now shown when importing data using CSV. For performance reasons, it is recommended to upload files of 50 MB or less.
Job logs can now be filtered by date range from the Job Status page.
When inputting custom colors for measure value ranges, it is now possible to include decimals for increased precision.
The ability to generate a custom or shortened URL alias when sharing a dashboard and to manage existing URL aliases is now available to all users by default. The Enable URL Shortener site setting used during the technical preview of the feature has been removed.
The number of HTTP worker threads available to the CDV server is now configurable using the HTTP_THREADS environment variable. A higher number of HTTP worker threads improves performance when serving a high number of concurrent requests.
Retrieving and changing the log level is now possible using the Admin API.
Fixed issues in Cloudera Data Visualization 7.1.7
- VIZ-938, VIZ-1298, VIZ-1317, VIZ-2221, VIZ-2086, VIZ-2203
Several bugs related to filters have been fixed.
- Numeric Range filters now reset as expected.
- Filter parameters passed using URL now override the default or saved values for the filters.
- Forward and back buttons that are available in View mode from the dashboard now advance or undo the filter states as expected.
The Edit and Refresh options now consistently appear in the Dashboard Builder for the SQL Queries visual type.
- VIZ-2096, VIZ-2215
Performance improvements have been implemented for the Data and the pages.
Fixed a bug where tooltips on several visual types could display the text Missing instead of the desired field.
- Fixed a bug which prevented anchoring a custom date range to a desired start date other than the current date.
The dashboard deletion confirmation message now appears after the action.
- A configuration change has been made to allow the correct end-user IPs to be shown in activity logs for CDV applications running in CDSW or CML.
Multiple rows of email addresses in the To field when configuring an email job now display as expected.
Automatic field renaming during dataset creation now works as expected.